A Vessel Shown Mercy
My name is Justin Starks and I’m an alumnus of the Christians on Campus club at UC Berkeley. I graduated in 2009 with a degree in Music, went to a Bible Truth and Church Service School in Anaheim called the FTTA for 2 years, came back to UC Berkeley to work with the Christians on Campus club for 2 1/2 years, and am now working in San Francisco.
My goal is to help people know and experience Jesus Christ, and to know about His heart’s desire, the church, according to the truths revealed in the Bible. My vision for this blog is simply this: to enjoy the Lord and to share this precious One with all! This is what I really enjoy and I hope you will come to enjoy it, too!
My Faith: These are the items that I hold to as a believer, that is, the essential items of my faith. Anything else beyond this, such as foot washing and head covering, is not a reason for cutting off fellowship with other Christians. Thus, as long as any believer can hold to these items, we should be able to have open fellowship. May no doctrine prevent us from building up the Body of Christ!
- The Bible is the complete divine revelation inspired word-by-word by God through the Holy Spirit (2 Pet. 1:21; 2 Tim. 3:16).
- God is uniquely one, yet triune — the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (1 Tim. 2:5a; Matt. 28:19).
- The Son of God, even God Himself, was incarnated to be a man by the name of Jesus Christ (John 1:1, 14).
- Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption (1 Pet. 2:24; Eph. 1:7a).
- Christ resurrected from among the dead on the third day (1 Cor. 15:4).
- Christ ascended to the right hand of God to be Lord of all (Acts 1:9, 2:33, 36).
- Whenever any person repents to God and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, he is regenerated (born again) and becomes a living member of the Body of Christ (Acts 20:21; John 3:3; Eph. 1:22-23; Rom. 12:5).
- Christ is coming again to receive His believers to Himself (1 Thes. 2:19).
You can find out more about Christians on Campus at UC Berkeley here: